(Fully Remote) Digital Media Specialist Needed for Fast-Growing Tenant Rights Law Firm
Do you have experience in customer support and marketing?
Can you design visually appealing images, brochures, and media; and film and edit video for use on social media?
Are you comfortable collaborating virtually with a team using the latest videoconferencing technology?
Are you looking to join a team of smart, hardworking, and high-energy legal professionals in one of the fastest growing law firms in the United States that was also recently certified as a Great Place to Work®?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, you may just be the person we’re looking for.
We are a fast-growing tenant rights law firm dedicated to helping California tenants who have been illegally evicted, harassed, discriminated against, or forced to endure uninhabitable living conditions recover money for their losses. We are looking to bring our services to thousands more renters throughout California by continuing to grow our firm 50% year over year. And we need a Digital Media Specialist to engage with all who contact the firm via website chat in as close to real time as possible during business hours, answering their questions and directing them to our Intake Team, as appropriate; to act as the de facto administrative assistant to the Marketing Manager, assisting with various marketing-related projects; to create visually appealing designs for flyers, social media posts, website, and any other content for which design is needed; and to create, edit, and upload video to the firm’s website and various social media channels.
This position will be responsible for critically important work, including:
- Engaging with all who contact the firm via website chat in as close to real time as possible during business hours, answering their questions and directing them to the Sales & Intake Team, as appropriate;
- Acting as the de facto administrative assistant to the Marketing Manager, assisting with various marketing-related projects;
- Creating visually appealing designs for TLG flyers, social media posts, website, and any other content for which design is needed;
- Editing and, if applicable, applying graphics to videos for internal and external use;
- Overseeing the creation of video for internal and external use, optimizing it for different screen sizes;
- Uploading video to TLG’s website and all other platforms (e.g., YouTube, OneDrive, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok);
- Proposing new video ideas, including ways to monetize videos;
- Creating visual messages that resonate with TLG’s audience;
- Overseeing any other design- or video-related projects, e.g., visual interface for app;
- Providing weekly summary of progress towards existing projects to the Marketing Manager; and
- Contributing to the development and/or revision of applicable Policies, Systems & Procedures in the firm’s online training system.
If the following statements describe you, then you may be our Digital Media Specialist:
- You have background in customer service and/or marketing.
- You are comfortable learning new software applications.
- You can troubleshoot, detect, and resolve issues by way of either independent research or existing technical support resources.
- You are detail-oriented and able to follow very specific instructions. You proofread written work product and are able to spot and fix grammar errors, spelling errors, typos, formatting, etc.
- You never let important details slip through the cracks.
- You have high standards and expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best.
- You are trustworthy, earning trust and maintaining confidences when appropriate.
- You work at a fast pace with the ability to move between tasks quickly and are not overwhelmed by volume or deadlines.
- You are relationship-focused, developing and nurturing productive and professional relationships with the Marketing Team and other staff.
- You are fast-learning, self-motivated, and self-directed, able to work with minimal oversight.
- Your middle name is “No Drama.”
An ideal candidate has expertise in video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Canva, etc.), image editing software (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, Canva, Adobe XD, etc.), design in all formats, and visual storytelling; has a college or technical degree in design or related experience; has excellent organizational and time management skills; preferably, is Spanish speaking; is proficient with the Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office 365, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, and OneDrive; preferably, has experience with Zoom, Lawmatics, and Keeper Security; has an interest in tenant rights; has a high comfort level with technology; and has an interest in growing with the firm. The ideal candidate should also have a positive attitude and sense of humor, and be willing to follow policies, systems, and procedures.
Work is 100% remote and may be done from any location in the world with a reliable Internet connection. Compensation depends on experience.
About the Firm
Founded in January 2016, Tenant Law Group is dedicated exclusively to the representation of renters and helps California tenants recover money for their losses. Law Firm 500 recognized Tenant Law Group as the twenty-second fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2019 with an aggregate growth rate of 193%; the twelfth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2020 with an aggregate growth rate of 449%; the fortieth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2021 with an aggregate growth rate of 187%; and the seventy-eighth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2022 with an aggregate growth rate of 151%. In 2022, Inc. 5000 recognized Tenant Law Group as among the five thousand fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States (#3,448), one of only forty-two law firms to be recognized. Our clients are California renters who are experiencing any type of dispute with their landlord. We have offices in San Francisco (headquarters), Oakland, and Los Angeles—with plans to expand to additional locations in 2023. Our team size is currently thirty-nine, including fourteen full-time employees, one part-time employee, and twenty-four contractors. We are committed to the work we do for our clients, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and really value professional development and team building. Here is our mission statement:
Tenant Law Group is dedicated to helping California renters who have been harassed, injured, discriminated against, illegally evicted, or forced to endure inhumane living conditions. We are committed to the ideal that all tenants, regardless of financial resources, are entitled to legal representation. While our clients include renters from all backgrounds, we are especially dedicated to those who are most vulnerable—namely, the indigent, the elderly, immigrants, blue-collar workers, and individuals with disabilities. We believe in doing well by doing good, understand the high demand for tenant rights legal services in California generally and in the Bay Area in particular, and therefore aim to grow our firm as rapidly as possible to serve the approximately eighteen million renters in California. We treat our clients with dignity and respect, and value the personal and professional development of everyone in our organization. Our core values are justice, compassion, professionalism, hard work, and innovation. Tenant Law Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Se habla español.
Click here for instructions on how to apply.