(Fully Remote) Paralegal Needed for Fast-Growing Tenant Rights Law Firm
Are you a social-justice-oriented professional who enjoys serving deserving and grateful clients?
Do you have a legal and/or writing background and enjoy persuasive writing?
Do you enjoy working from home?
Are you comfortable with technology and interacting with a team via teleconferencing or videoconferencing?
Are you looking to join a team of smart, hardworking, and high-energy legal professionals in one of the fastest growing law firms in the United States that was also recently certified as a Great Place to Work®?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, and your current employer does not offer the following perks:
- 100% remote work with state-of-the-art firm-issued computer and telecommunications equipment;
- Competitive compensation;
- Open (unlimited!!!) paid time off;
- Paid holidays (ten days per year) and, for employees, paid sick leave in accordance with state law;
- Professional growth opportunities;
- For employees, health, dental, vision, and life insurance after ninety days of fulltime employment; and
- For employees, a retirement plan with a 3% mandatory employer contribution beginning twelve months from the date of employment.
YOU MAY JUST BE THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
We are a fast-growing tenant rights law firm dedicated to helping California tenants who have been illegally evicted, harassed, discriminated against, or forced to endure unlivable conditions recover money for their losses. We are looking to bring our services to thousands more renters throughout California by continuing to grow our firm 50% year over year. We are looking for a rockstar Paralegal to join the ranks of our Legal Team. The Paralegal’s primary goals are to review client materials and prepare demand letters on behalf of firm clients for a three-person pod consisting of the Case Manager, Paralegal, and Attorney; to collect information from clients that the clients did not provide to intake; and to engage with clients for purposes of preparing the demand letters. These responsibilities will free up Attorney’s time so they can provide legal advice and resolve claims on behalf of clients.
This position will be responsible for critically important work, including:
- Tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) weekly.
- Reviewing client materials and, using proprietary templates, preparing demand letters on behalf of firm clients in tenant rights matters.
- Collecting from clients any information necessary to drafting complete, client-ready demand letters.
- Interfacing directly with clients to the extent necessary for purposes of preparing demand letters.
- Delivering to the Attorney client-ready demand letters, free of grammar and spelling errors.
- Updating matter information and in Clio Manage.
- Recording time in Clio Manage.
- Attending Daily Stand-Up Meetings.
- Attending Weekly Team Meetings and Weekly Lunch & Learns.
- Attending Monthly Coaching Meetings with the Pre-Litigation Managing Attorney.
If the following statements describe you, then you may be our paralegal:
- You believe in the firm’s commitment to work-life balance but are nonetheless prepared to start a bit earlier or finish a bit later when necessary to get the job done.
- You have an empathetic and understanding manner with clients.
- You have exceptional attention to detail. You proofread your emails; can spot and fix grammar errors, spelling errors, typos, etc.; and you do not let important details slip through the cracks.
- You expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best.
- You are trustworthy, do not cut corners ethically, earn trust and maintain confidences when appropriate, and, most importantly, do what is right, not just what is expedient.
- You are innovative, growth-minded, and can maximize value.
- You can act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the COO and CEO.
- You develop and nurture productive and professional relationships with clients and staff and are both approachable yet stern when the circumstances require.
- You are self-directed, able to assess a situation and determine what needs to be done and then do it.
- You work quickly and efficiently.
- Your middle name is “No Drama.”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly.
- You do not think of any task as “beneath you.”
Prior experience in a law firm is preferred but not required. Experience as a legal secretary or legal assistant is especially pertinent, and candidates with this background will be given preference, but experience as a file clerk, receptionist, or project assistant may suffice. The ideal candidate is well-organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to work quickly and efficiently; is a proactive problem solver; writes clearly and error-free; preferably, speaks and writes Spanish; is proficient with the Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office 365, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, and OneDrive; preferably, has experience with Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, Clio Manage, Lawmatics, and Keeper Security; has an interest in tenant rights; has a high comfort level with technology; and has an interest in growing with the firm. The ideal candidate should also have a positive attitude and sense of humor, and be willing to follow policies, systems, and procedures.
This is a fulltime job, and you absolutely must be able to work for at least forty hours per week. Work may be done 100% virtually from any location in the world with a reliable Internet connection during the firm’s business hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific. Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include 100% remote work; open (unlimited!!!) paid time off; paid holidays (ten days per year); and professional growth opportunities. For employees, benefits also include state-of-the-art firm-issued computer and telecommunications equipment; health, dental, and vision benefits after ninety days of fulltime employment; sick leave in accordance with state law; and a retirement plan with a 3% mandatory employer contribution beginning twelve months from the date of employment.
About the Firm
Founded in January 2016, Tenant Law Group is dedicated exclusively to the representation of renters and helps California tenants recover money for their losses. Law Firm 500 recognized Tenant Law Group as the twenty-second fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2019 with an aggregate growth rate of 193%; the twelfth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2020 with an aggregate growth rate of 449%; the fortieth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2021 with an aggregate growth rate of 187%; and the seventy-eighth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2022 with an aggregate growth rate of 151%. In 2022, Inc. 5000 recognized Tenant Law Group as among the five thousand fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States (#3,448), one of only forty-two law firms to be recognized. Our clients are California renters who are experiencing any type of dispute with their landlord. We have offices in San Francisco (headquarters), Oakland, and Los Angeles—with plans to expand to additional locations in 2023. Our team size is currently thirty-nine, including fourteen full-time employees, one part-time employee, and twenty-four contractors. We are committed to the work we do for our clients, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and really value professional development and team building. Here is our mission statement:
Tenant Law Group is dedicated to helping California renters who have been harassed, injured, discriminated against, illegally evicted, or forced to endure inhumane living conditions. We are committed to the ideal that all tenants, regardless of financial resources, are entitled to legal representation. While our clients include renters from all backgrounds, we are especially dedicated to those who are most vulnerable—namely, the indigent, the elderly, immigrants, blue-collar workers, and individuals with disabilities. We believe in doing well by doing good, understand the high demand for tenant rights legal services in California generally and in the Bay Area in particular, and therefore aim to grow our firm as rapidly as possible to serve the approximately eighteen million renters in California. We treat our clients with dignity and respect, and value the personal and professional development of everyone in our organization. Our core values are justice, compassion, professionalism, hard work, and innovation. Tenant Law Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Se habla español.
Click here for instructions on how to apply.