(Fully Remote) Inbound Salesperson Needed for Tenant Rights Law Firm
Are you a CLOSER with experience selling professional services or luxury items?
Do you enjoy working from home?
Are you comfortable with technology and interacting with a team via teleconferencing or videoconferencing?
Are you looking to join a team of smart, hardworking, and high-energy legal professionals in one of the fastest growing law firms in the United States that was also recently certified as a Great Place to Work®?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, and your current employer does not offer the following perks:
- ● 100% remote work with state-of-the-art firm-issued computer and telecommunications equipment;
- ● Competitive compensation that includes unlimited bonuses tied to the achievement of objective milestones;
- ● Open (unlimited!!!) paid time off;
- ● Paid holidays (ten days per year) and, for employees, paid sick leave in accordance with state law;
- ● Professional growth opportunities;
- ● For employees, health, dental, vision, and life insurance after ninety days of fulltime employment; and
- ● For employees, a retirement plan with a 3% mandatory employer contribution beginning twelve months from the date of employment.
YOU MAY JUST BE THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
We are a fast-growing tenant rights law firm dedicated to helping California tenants who have been illegally evicted, harassed, discriminated against, or forced to endure unlivable conditions recover money for their losses. We are looking to bring our services to thousands more renters throughout California by continuing to grow our firm 50% year over year. We are looking for a rockstar Non-Attorney Inbound Salesperson (“Client Engagement Specialist”) to join the ranks of our Client Intake & Engagement Team. The Client Engagement Specialist’s primary duties are (1) to convert qualified prospective new clients (PNCs) to clients according to a documented sales process, (2) to coordinate with other Client Engagement Specialists and two Client Intake Specialists (who screen calls and schedule appointments) to achieve the firm’s monthly targets, (3) to provide weekly sales reports to the firm’s Client Intake & Engagement Manager (CIEM), and (4) to work with the CIEM on refining and improving the intake and onboarding process to make it as pleasant and seamless as possible for PNCs. From the first pre-screened sales call with a qualified PNC to the signing of a legal services agreement, most communications with PNCs shall be handled by the Client Engagement Specialist with the assistance of the Client Intake Specialists, as needed.
This position will be responsible for critically important work, including:
- ● Tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the position in Scorecard daily.
- ● Meeting with PNCs for Free Case Evaluations.
- ● Meeting with PNCs for New Client Information Meetings (aka Closing Calls).
- ● Collecting evidence to determine whether PNC claims are supported and provable.
- ● Preparing, sending, and answering questions about TLG’s legal services agreements.
- ● Reviewing daily, weekly, and upcoming monthly calendar items and prioritizing workload.
- ● Following an initial screen by the Client Intake Specialists, acting as the primary point of contact for PNCs through the onboarding process.
- ● Assessing all new PNCs and determining based on objective and subjective criteria which of these the firm should offer to retain (pending Attorney approval).
- ● Utilizing a template, analyzing potential damages to assist with identifying cases that are economically feasible to accept on a contingency fee basis.
- ● Presenting PNCs for review and approval.
- ● Maintaining accurate records in TLG’s CRM software (Lawmatics) to track the status of PNCs, ensuring they are in the proper stage of the onboarding pipeline.
- ● Following firm-prescribed guidelines on how to communicate with PNCs in the most effective manner; collecting information about the PNCs and the matters for which they are seeking TLG’s help; assuring the PNCs that TLG’s attorneys and staff will be able to help them; showing compassion for their troubles; and explaining how TLG can improve their lives.
- ● Communicating with Client Intake Specialists regarding PNCs, as needed.
- ● Answering any non-legal questions raised by PNCs regarding filling out forms, sending documents to TLG, signing legal services agreements, and handling any other matter involving the PNCs’ pre-engagement relationship with TLG.
- ● Ensuring all PNCs for whom we decline representation receive a written communication informing them we are unable to retain them.
- ● In accordance with the ethical rules governing lawyers, not providing legal advice, but otherwise managing all aspects of converting PNCs to clients.
- ● Staying in contact with PNCs who do not retain us after their initial consultation to keep the door open for them to retain us when they are ready.
- ● Recommending, designing, deploying, executing, and updating policies, procedures, processes, checklists, templates, forms, etc. relating to intake, sales, and onboarding; and helping create systems that run the Client Intake & Engagement team efficiently and profitably.
- ● Communicating to the firm’s IT Project Manager & Web Developer via a ticket any ideas or recommendations for IT development that could improve the intake process for PNCs and TLG.
- ● Attending Daily Stand-Up Meetings with the Client Intake & Engagement Team.
- ● Attending Weekly Team Meetings and Weekly Lunch & Learns.
- ● Attending Monthly Coaching Meetings with the CIEM.
If the following statements describe you, then you may be our Client Engagement Specialist:
- ● You are a closer!
- ●You are confident, articulate, and comfortable.
- ●You can empathize with clients’ situations, exuding warmth and compassion.
- ●You have either familiarity with or an interest in tenant rights and are willing to learn what makes strong tenant rights cases for the firm.
- ●You believe in the firm’s commitment to work-life balance but are nonetheless prepared to arrive early, stay late, and work on weekends when necessary to get the job done.
- ● You have an empathetic and understanding manner with clients.
- ● You have great attention to detail. You proofread documents and emails; can spot and fix grammar errors, spelling errors, typos, formatting errors, etc.; you do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- ● You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- ● You are honest and trustworthy, do not cut corners ethically, earn trust and maintain confidences when appropriate, and, most importantly, do what is right, not just what is expedient.
- ● You are innovative, growth-minded, can generate new and creative approaches to problems, and can maximize value and use of technology and other resources.
- ● You can act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the COO and CEO.
- ● You work at a fast pace with the ability to move between tasks quickly, are not overwhelmed with volume or by deadlines, and spend time on tasks that add value.
- ● You develop and nurture productive and professional relationships with PNCs, clients, and staff, and are amicable, friendly, and warm.
- ● You are fast-learning, self-directed, and are able to work with minimal oversight.
- ● Your middle name is “No Drama.”
- ● You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly.
- ● You do not think of any task as “beneath you.”
An ideal candidate has prior experience in selling legal services, other professional services, or luxury goods; speaks Spanish (preferably); has excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills; and is proficient with the Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, and OneDrive. Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Zoom/Zoom Phone, Clio Manage, Lawmatics, and Keeper Security preferred, not required. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a commitment to fighting for social justice and tenant rights, be comfortable with technology, work well on a team, take initiative on work that needs to be done, complete tasks with minimal handholding, and have an interest in growing with the firm. Finally, the ideal candidate must have a positive attitude and sense of humor, and be willing to follow policies, systems, and procedures.
This is a fulltime job, and you absolutely must be able to work for at least forty hours per week. Work may be done 100% virtually from any location in the world during the firm’s business hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific. Compensation depends on experience. Benefits include 100% remote work; bonuses tied to the achievement of objective monthly milestones (in full compliance with California law and the California Rules of Professional Conduct); open (unlimited!!!) paid time off; paid holidays (ten days per year); and professional growth opportunities. For employees, benefits also include state-of-the-art firm-issued computer and telecommunications equipment; health, dental, and vision benefits after ninety days of fulltime employment; sick leave in accordance with state law; and a retirement plan with a 3% mandatory employer contribution beginning twelve months from the date of employment.
About the Firm
Founded in January 2016, Tenant Law Group is dedicated exclusively to the representation of renters and helps California tenants recover money for their losses. Law Firm 500 recognized Tenant Law Group as the twenty-second fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2019 with an aggregate growth rate of 193%; the twelfth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2020 with an aggregate growth rate of 449%; the fortieth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2021 with an aggregate growth rate of 187%; and the seventy-eighth fastest growing law firm in the United States in 2022 with an aggregate growth rate of 151%. In 2022, Inc. 5000 recognized Tenant Law Group as among the five thousand fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States (#3,448), one of only forty-two law firms to be recognized. Our clients are California renters who are experiencing any type of dispute with their landlord. We have offices in San Francisco (headquarters), Oakland, and Los Angeles—with plans to expand to additional locations in 2023. Our team size is currently thirty-nine, including fourteen full-time employees, one part-time employee, and twenty-four contractors. We are committed to the work we do for our clients, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and really value professional development and team building. Here is our mission statement:
Tenant Law Group is dedicated to helping California renters who have been harassed, injured, discriminated against, illegally evicted, or forced to endure inhumane living conditions. We are committed to the ideal that all tenants, regardless of financial resources, are entitled to legal representation. While our clients include renters from all backgrounds, we are especially dedicated to those who are most vulnerable—namely, the indigent, the elderly, immigrants, blue-collar workers, and individuals with disabilities. We believe in doing well by doing good, understand the high demand for tenant rights legal services in California generally and in the Bay Area in particular, and therefore aim to grow our firm as rapidly as possible to serve the approximately eighteen million renters in California. We treat our clients with dignity and respect, and value the personal and professional development of everyone in our organization. Our core values are justice, compassion, professionalism, hard work, and innovation. Tenant Law Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Se habla español.
Click here for instructions on how to apply.